Thursday, January 30, 2014

Painting 101

Vicky was the owner of my home before I purchased it in June 2013. It would seem that she was particular for the colour blue. Every room in the house was or still is a combination of bluey and bluey green  hues. No disrespect intended here for Vicky, because it is very apparent that she loved her home; but, the colour scheme was killing me! Once she used each of the tones in different rooms, she then decided to sponge the other rooms in combos of her colour hue. Environmentally friendly for sure!
See, :) isn't it lovely? Ok, so I've been painting since December and have a room almost finished, the living room. I need to paint the bedroom door and frame that leads from the small house. This room was the baby bluey green colour from above; opposed to the greeny blue. Now it looks like this, and that is the door needing paint.
The living room is large so I broke it up with a little quiet library in behind, painted in a nice light grey called pepper tree. The living room it went with a bright golden colour; I figured it might brighten  the long winters here.
Originally I thought that an office would be nice in this alcove, but my nice ikea desk doesn't fit. 
This brought me to a conundrum as I had already envisioned my masterpiece of design without measure. I could try and sell my desk and get a smaller one, but this would defeat my ability to engage comfortably with home bookkeeping on a smaller surface to work with. Plus, my very dirtiest secret of lazy slothfulness was worried with the work of listing on kijiji and pennywise, do I need to put together to photograph? F word, how much bloody work is that? Plus find another? So I've decided to put my desk in the front entrance. The space is larger, plus it comes with a great view of the mountains! 
This area was one of the lucky spaces sponged in turquoise hues. Here it is with just the trim re-painted.
And here is my new office with the first coat of paint done.
I will post again to show it to you with the furniture installed. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment