Wednesday, January 8, 2014

315 Birch Street


Wow, 2014 is here! I have been here in Ymir for almost 6 months now. I know I promised a blog of my adventures and well here it is. I will start posting some of my humourous new beginnings! So far 2014 has had a slow and steady start, of snow and well, more snow. I've cumulated nearly 2 feet of the stuff in the backyard. The thing about the snow is it just cumulates up here; especially around the roof lines as the snow falls from the roof and that stuff adds up. Later in January I will take a photo of it for you; I'm worried it will block my windows from any natural light.

I haven't managed to get my bee hives going yet. I'm going to take a course on beekeeping soon and then get started in the spring (which could mean May here). I've decided on an overall garden plan for next spring which will include the addition of a greenhouse and a horseshoe pit. The house has been painted some very horrendous colors as well - I didn't know there were that many shades of baby bluey/green. When they got bnored of painting the walls in one of these hues, they (and I think Becca will love this when I say) sponged it in an assortment of all of the hues. It really was quite spectacular. I painted one of the walls a golden color but more yellow than orange for all you lovers out there of the Corn Gold. Here is a photo of Hayleigh and I celebrating our Christmas Eve Pajama Festivus! You can see the gold, the old baby bluey/green and a green I am considering for the area behind the livingroom. Ok, it's not that big and the detail is a bit lost, but you definitely get the idea about the gold!


So Friday nights here in Ymir are pretty exciting. I usually walk down to the pub for a nice dinner and a few drinks with some of the locals. The pub is great, the food isn't too bad and the staff are eccentric and kind hearted.
They have an open jam night every Friday and last week was no exception. It is an ecclectic group of musicians usually and they play an array of country/folk music. I've heard some really great tunes in the pub; the best was most definitely Mel singing Bobby MaGee. I've always admired my brother Terry for his musical abilities, perhaps when he comes up we can convince beat master T to get up and mix us a beat. I'm not sure he will be able to keep up though; what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment