Monday, February 3, 2014

Wine is ready to bottle!

Many of you may wonder what I do up here during the long winters?
That's right! This is the Shiraz from spagnols, it is the best! So yummy with great body, someone said they'd pay $15 bucks a bottle. Hahaha!
We bottled some grape wine from Willy over at Willow Creek Farm. He had some organic grapes he was looking to have drinkable! It was so much work because I didn't have a press and the grapes were so small and filled with seeds. I can still feel the sting in my hands from all the cuts from those seeds while crushing and pressing the grapes by hand! It is a bit tart, I added a sweetener and it's palatable, but will be better with some time. It's very light in colour, like a pink grapefruit colour; pretty. 
We also bottled some crabapple wine, Alex and I picked approx 26 pounds of my neighbours crabapple tree. We would have had more but the evening before we picked the tree was ravaged by a bear. He shared, or maybe he was saving some for later.... Lol it is very tasty, but very hard to get all of the sediment out. Even after clearing with a two part process there is a lot of sediment. We bottled anyways because we need the use of the carboys. 
Alex and I managed to get a dozen each of the Shiraz and crabapple and 7 of the willow creek grape. We also have 8 bottles to go to Wild Willy, 6 bottles to my neighbours with the crabapple tree and 2 bottles to the local bottle collector Bob who keeps me in wine bottles! Yay! 
Now for the enjoyment! Over my lips and through my tongue, look out stomach here the wine comes! Oh, and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment