Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Be Prepared

This blog post is dedicated to my very brilliant, very creative and talented Uncle Lorne. 
My mothers sister, my aunty Diane, married a wonderfully artistic and resourceful carpenter; uncle Lorne. He is retired now; or rather he will on the occasion cherry pick a job, but for the most part he now putters. And by putter I mean he typically spends time working on miniature wooden trucks. Of course I am simplifying, he makes exact replicas of heavy duty machinery.  Or he's busy working on one of his bows that he crafts by hand. Or, then again perhaps he will busy himself with his custom cabinetry and furniture. Regardless he is certainly not idle. 
On my last visit, I stopped in to see the Nickel family. My uncle suggested that I prepare a modest bag of safety provisions in my trunk for all future road trips. 
1. Pack a blanket for warmth
2. Pack water for thirst
3.  Pack candles for light and warmth
4.  Pack food 
Friday, hayleigh and I travelled down from Kamloops  to Port Moody on the coquihalla. Just before the snowshed there was a grain super B that went down and caused a 7 car pile-up. Hayleigh and I were grateful for all of the above listed items during our 4.5 hour wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment